Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter - Olive
Pocket Weather Meter - Olive
The world's most complete weather meter AND the world's most portable weather station. Lightweight, handheld, multi-function weather meter and data logger with large sunlight-readable graphing display and tripod vane mount option.
- Measures wind speed, temperature, humidity, pressure and direction
- 14 total meteorological parameters measured, calculated and displayed real-time and stored in memory, including advanced meteorological measurements such as dew point temperature, wet bulb temperatures and density altitude
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats
The next generation of weather monitoring is the here with the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter.
This Kestrel meter does it all. The Kestrel 5500 provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4500. Measure every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform adds many new features and options. If you're familiar with the Kestrel 4500, the first thing you'll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation.
USB Data Transfer Cable
Low profile, lightweight, waterproof cable provides wired connectivity to
Windows and Mac computers for fast data uploads and firmware updates.
Compatible with every model in the Kestrel 5 Series.
Sleek, rugged tripod vane mount
Small, secure, robust vane mount turns any Kestrel 5 Series meter into a
portable weather station that remains oriented into the wind. (Included in
some models where noted, otherwise sold as optional accessory.)
Large, high contrast screen
Easily readable text in almost any setting, including bright sunlight, with
more visible information on the screen at all times. This high-resolution
display is easy on the eyes, allowing you to get more information from
customizable user screens, charting and graphing options without causing eye
strain or fatigue.
Dual color backlight
Toggle backlight color between standard white and night-vision-preserving
red (NV). The red NV backlight features an optical wavelength selected to
help users sustain natural night vision and reduced brightness to avoid
detection during night maneuvers.
Secure battery door
Large, O-ring sealed door provides easy, tool-free battery access.
Scratch and breakage-resistant window
Rigid, polycarbonate lens with scratch-coating protects the display from
Corrosion-resistant battery compartment
Battery is isolated from electronics, reducing damage in the event of a
battery leak. (Note - Lithium AA batteries strongly recommended to avoid
battery leakage altogether.)
Icon-based navigation, intuitive keypad, and multiple languages make the
Kestrel a breeze to use.
- Barometric Pressure
- Density AltitudeDew Point Temperature
- Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty