Lewmar USA Premium 3-Strand Medium Lay Nylon Rope
· Lewmar’s 3-strand rope is an economical choice for your windlass rode.
Keep in mind, the windlass does not stow the rode in the anchor locker - gravity
does. So make sure you have ample depth and volume in your anchor locker to
accommodate the length of rode you have chosen.
· There are several grades of 3-Strand nylon rope available. Always use a
premium windlass grade rope in a windlass. Do not use economy 3-strands; the
lay can be softer or harder than a proper windlass grade medium lay. When using
½" 3-strand nylon, double check that diameter is ½" (.500) in diameter or
slightly larger. Economy 3-strands are generally less than ½" in diameter
which work poorly in ½" gypsies.
· 3-Strand is typically 20-30% less expensive than premium plaited anchor
· 3-Strand line, when used in salt water, will stiffen over time. It can be
soaked in a bucket of fresh water and fabric softener overnight (the longer the
better) to bring back a more flexible condition. If this does not yield
acceptable results, it should be replaced.
· Please see USA Retail Price Sheet for all rode configurations and pricing.