• Lighter & Stiffer - Keep your baits running true. Our
Carbon Fiber poles are much lighter and stiffer than aluminum poles. In a rough
sea that means no pole whip or gull winging so your baits run true and stay in
the water for a more natural presentation.
• Stronger - Smith Carbon Fiber Poles flex less than
aluminum poles and never get bent, ever! In our tests we hung weights from the
tips of Smith Carbon Fiber Poles and from aluminum poles. We added weight until
the aluminum poles took a permanent bend, no longer able to rebound straight.
Our Smith Carbon Fiber Poles carried double that weight and still rebounded
perfectly straight and true every time!
• Taper Lok - The fully rigid sections slide into each other
when collapsed for storage. When extended for trolling the Taper Lok joints
wedge tightly together and effectively form a single rigid one piece pole.
• Precision - A full 5 meters long with robust precision
machined fit and construction throughout.
• Fit - Smith poles have a 1.5" diameter base and fit any
1.5" stainless steel outrigger pole holder. Each Smith pole includes a precision
machined sleeve (shown above right). Slide it over the base to increase the
diameter for a precision fi t into most aluminum pole holders. Pole bases are
pre-drilled to receive most makes of pole lock-in pins.
• Includes - Each pair of poles includes: individual pole
storage bags, a pair of aluminum holder sleeves, and a set of 316L stainless
halyard eyes (to be installed through the Taper Lok collars after the poles are