PowerHouse P1000 Ice Eater 1 HP 115V with 100' Cord
Eater is designed to prevent ice from forming around boats, marinas, docks,
and piers as well as effectively melting existing ice by breaking the
surface with a continuous current of warmer bottom water.
Ice Eater's propeller draws up warmer
subsurface water and deflects it to the surface creating a constant
circulation of warmer water that prevents ice formation. Ice Eater will melt
existing ice. Unlike other de-icing units, Ice Eater requires no additional
hardware in order to obtain the desired de-icing patern. Ice Eater is
shipped complete with suspension lines. It can be taken out of the box, hung
in place and plugged in. Ice Eater may be hung from a pier or boat. Two to
three feet is the average operating depth.
For optimal use and placement contact your
Local Ice Eater Distributor by clicking the link
The design of the Ice Eater's venturi shroud (housing) with outwardly flared
ends draws warmer water from greater depths than other conventional de-icers.
The shroud is submersible below the surface
either vertically or angled from vertical. A set of mounting holes at
opposed positions on the flange allows the lines to be attached.
- Ice Eater de-icers are custom designed
and engineered for maximum performance.
- Our units are designed to agitate fresh
or salt water at
maximum efficiency in all climatic conditions.
- Our energy efficient Ice Eater's will
agitate more water
than any de-icer on the market today.
- We ship by U.P.S. or motor freight.
- Phone (410) 654-9700, 1-800-243-4741
- Buy the Best. Specify an "Ice Eater"
- 1 HP energy efficient high quality motor.
- 115 volt, 7.0/3.5 amps, one phase, 60
- 25 foot quick change power cord.
- Two 25 foot x 3/8" hollow braided lines with
- Dimensions of shipping box, 14 1/2 x 14 1/2 x
- Shipping weight 50 lbs.
- For large boats, marinas and heavier uses.
- Can be used in place of several smaller units.
- Motor housing is constructed of 16 gauge 304
stainless steel and bronze endbell for corrosion free operation in fresh or
salt water. Motor exceeds NEMA specifications and is UL and CSA compliant, and
- Motor shaft is 316 stainless steel, the best
material for salt water application.
- Permanent split capacitor ensures quick high
torque and smooth operation, while producing the highest efficiency of a
single phase induction motor. Motor and capacitor are matched for ultimate
- Internal, heavy duty, hard faced mechanical
seal with stainless components immersed in dielectric lubricating fluid.
Additional double lip shaft seal for extra protection.
- Stator motor windings have double impregnation
of baked insulating varnish.
- Two heavy duty ball bearings provide support
for the rotor while being cooled with dielectric type oil.
- Sacrificial custom designed zinc is provided
for conditions where electrolysis may be present.
- Propeller is custom designed for maximum
thrust and performance. Propeller screws on shaft for easy removal and
- Twenty-five feet of 16/3 water and oil
resistant cord with three prong molded plug is standard. Additional length
cord available: 50 and 100 feet.
- Heavy duty PVC custom brackets that attach
motor to shroud. All stainless bolts and locking aircraft nuts are used.
- Performance certified tested at our facility
for proper output and leaks before shipment
- Best three year limited warranty in the
- Comes complete, just open the box, remove and
- Optional thermostat custom design turns Ice
Eater on when needed. Ideal for unattended application.