Alpha Pro III
Advanced 3-step charge regulator for standard and high performance
The propulsion engine of your boat or vehicles may be used to quickly charge
your service batteries, either while cruising or taking a break. The advanced
and powerful Alpha Pro III ensures fast and safe charging, protecting both the
engine and the batteries. Building on 10 years of experience, the Alpha Pro III
features a modernized look, higher power and improved ease of use.
The Alpha Pro III measures the temperature and the voltage of your batteries
to prevent overcharging, keeping them in perfect condition. It also monitors the
engine load, thus reducing sound variations, wear and tear. The smart ‘keep
alive’ feature solves a common problem causing unreliable tachometer readings.
Via MasterBus, it communicates RPM, alternator status and charge status to
create intelligent power systems.
Pull the max out of your alternator
The alternator that comes with the engine is not optimally suited for
charging service batteries. Designed for low cost and short charge cycles, it
charges at a slow pace and is easily overheated. Replacing the standard
regulator* with the Alpha Pro III optimizes this charging process, protects
against overheating and overcharging and extends the lifetime of your
(* not allowed on Euro 5/6 engines)
Super charge your system
For superfast charging at low RPM, Mastervolt recommends to combine the Alpha
Pro III with a high performance alternator such as the reputable Alpha series.
With 20 amps of field current capability, the Alpha Pro is the only 3-step
regulator in the market capable of controlling alternators with outputs up to
Alpha Pro III: Fast charging, anytime, anywhere.
- Transforms every alternator into a full temperature controlled 3-step
- Reduces run time, saves fuel, reduces noise and emissions.
- Protects from overcharging and extends battery life.
- Balances engine load, reducing RPM variations.
- Compatible with standard and high performance alternators, incl. 200 A 400 A
- Integrated ‘keep alive’ feature for reliable tachometer readings.
- Suitable for every battery type, including Lithium Ion.
- Suitable for 12 V and 24 V system voltages.
- Masterbus compatible: simplifies wiring, saves space and weight, and creates
optimal cooperation between Mastervolt products.
Applications range from improving the performance of a standard alternator in
a vehicle or boat, to generator replacement, when combined with a high