The Universal Swift Water Rescue Vest is a high buoyancy (25lbs) USCG
approved Type V SAR PFD. The MRV150 was developed with ongoing feedback from the
water rescue community and was designed specifically to meet the Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) needs of rescue professionals facing the challenges
of swift water.
With an easy to adjust donning system and layered flotation foam, this vest
provides a comfortable and secure fit, which improves operational performance
both in and out of the water.
The findings of the On-Water Visibility study, scientifically
conducted in 2011 by Mustang Survival, show fluorescent green as the most
conspicuous color for a floating target.
As a result of in-water real world testing, the black, fluorescent
yellow-green, SOLAS™ tape color blocking as depicted on the MRV150 provided
excellent appearance and allowed the user to be seen throughout a wide range of
light levels in clear and muddy water environments. The extreme color gradients
coupled with the high reflectivity of over 62 square inches of SOLAS™ tape make
the MRV150 one of the most visible rescue vests available today.
UL1123 - Marine Buoyant Devices 160.064 Type V with Type III Performance
(approved for trained rescue personnel only; approved only when worn)
- 25 lb (111 N) Buoyancy
- Fluorescent yellow-green accents for improved visibility
- Drag handle
- Quick donning with 7 adjustment tabs to create a customized fit for users
with chest sizes from 30-52"
- Layered flotation foam increases comfort to improve operational
performance both in and out of the water
- MOLLE webbing on both shoulders and back
- Velcro® panel on back for attaching ID patches.
- Two large self draining pockets provide ample storage options
- Durable harness with 2” webbing tested to 730 lb requirements after
- Quick release belt
- 500 Denier, Cordura® outer shell with high visibility accents
- Over 62 sq.in. of SOLAS™ tape
- D ring
- Webbing loop in pocket