Garmin GPSMAP 8616 16in Chartplotter GN+
GPSMAP® 8616 Chartplotter GN+
You’re a mariner who wants it all — a fast, high-performance network chartplotter with sonar, a large 16" IPS display, preloaded maps and charts, and more
The GPSMAP®8616 chartplotter features a 16” full HD in-plane switching touchscreen display for wider viewing angles, superior clarity, and sunlight readability, even with polarized sunglasses. Experience superior connectivity and networking solutions with complete control of your entire system, right at your fingertips.
The device is preloaded with Garmin Navionics+™coastal charts and inland mapping that feature Auto Guidance+™technology (Auto Guidance+ is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations). Plus, there’s support for optional Garmin Navionics Vision+™premium map content. The chartplotter includes a premium-performance processor for our fastest map drawing, superior networking, video distribution, and more.
Multiple displays can be flat-mounted edge-to-edge to create a sleek glass helm look or mounted flush. NMEA 2000®networking and the Garmin Marine Network allow you to build your full marine electronics suite — from radar and autopilots to cameras and instruments — controlled from your chartplotter and shared across multiple screens.
With SmartMode™station controls, everything is designed to give you quick, one-touch access to the information you need to ease high-stress situations such as docking. For full control of your boat on your chartplotter screen, use our exclusive OneHelm™feature to connect to many compatible third-party devices. Built-in Garmin SailAssist™features provide data, displays, and prerace guidance needed to gain a competitive edge.
Download the ActiveCaptain® smartphone app to your smartphone or tablet to manage your marine experience from anywhere — from trip planning and prefishing to purchasing, downloading, and updating maps. See RPMs, fuel flow, temperature, trim, and more for up to four of your compatible Mercury®engines by using the SmartCraft®Connect gateway.
- Features a 16” full HD in-plane switching touchscreen display for wider viewing angles, superior clarity, and sunlight readability, even with polarized sunglasses
- Built-in support for the full suite of Garmin sonar capabilities, including CHIRP traditional, ClearVü™ and SideVü™ scanning sonars, Ultra High-Definition scanning sonar (no black box required), the LiveScope™ System and the full line of live sonar products (transducers sold separately)
- Adds a stunning appearance with ability to install multiple displays either flat mounted edge-to-edge to create a sleek glass helm look or mounted flush
- Fully network capable with NMEA 2000® connectivity and the Garmin Marine Network to easily build your marine system — from sonar, radar, and autopilots to instruments, cameras, and multimedia
- ANT® connectivity and Wi-Fi® networking let you connect with your compatible quatix® smartwatches, gWind™ Wireless 2 wind sensor, and more
- See RPMs, fuel flow, temperature, trim, and more for up to four of your compatible Mercury® engines by using the SmartCraft® Connect gateway
- For full control of your boat on your chartplotter screen, use our exclusive OneHelm™ feature to connect to many compatible third-party devices
- Preloaded Garmin Navionics+™ coastal charts and inland mapping feature Auto Guidance+™ technology (Auto Guidance+ is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations); plus, there’s support for optional Garmin Navionics Vision+™ premium map content
- SmartMode™ station controls enable presets for one-touch access to docking, cruising, fishing, anchoring, and more
- Built-in Garmin SailAssist™ features provide data, displays, and prerace guidance needed to gain a competitive edge
- Use built-in Wi-Fi® networking to pair with the free ActiveCaptain® smartphone app for access to the OneChart™ feature, smart notifications, Garmin Quickdraw™ Community data, and more.
- Dual microSD™ card slots on the back of the unit for use with the ActiveCaptain® app and mapping cards
The easy-to-use, easy-to-install chartplotter/sonar combo delivers MFD
performance in a combo-size package.
Get wider viewing angles and superior clarity on the touchscreen with a full
HD in-plane switching (IPS) display.
Navigate confidently with built-in Garmin Navionics+™ inland
and coastal mapping1.
Easily build your marine system using the best of network connectivity.
See below and around your boat with built-in sonar capabilities (transducers
From ANT® technology
to Wi-Fi® networking,
there are countless ways to connect to your system.
With SmartMode™ station
controls, everything is designed to give you quick, one-touch access to the
information you need
TRADITIONAL AND SCANNING SONAR SUPPORT
Get built-in support for 1-kW Dual-Channel CHIRP traditional sonar for
superior target separation and ClearVü
and SideVü scanning sonars to see up to 1,000’ below and around your boat
at 260 kHz (requires transducer, sold separately).
LIVE SONAR SUPPORT
Pair your chartplotter with Garmin live
sonar options (transducer sold separately) to see all around your boat in
GARMIN SAILASSIST™ SAILING
View laylines, race start line guidance, enhanced wind rose, heading and
course-over-ground lines, true wind data fields and tide/current/time
slider, wind angle, set and drift, wind speed, polars and more.
Experience unparalleled coverage and detail with built-in Garmin
coastal and inland mapping that includes Auto
Guidance+™ technology3 and
a 1-year subscription for downloadable daily updates and more on select
OPTIONAL CHARTS AND MAPS
Bring a fresh new look and feel to your chartplotter with optional upgrade
to Garmin Navionics Vision+™ premium
chart subscription, featuring downloadable high-resolution
relief shading, satellite imagery, sonar imagery and more.
Use the polar table to see key data, including how fast you should go at a
certain wind angle and speed — so you know whether you need to adjust sail
GARMIN MARINE NETWORK
If you have multiple compatible Garmin devices on your boat, you can share
information — such as maps, user data, radar and IP cameras — among them.
NMEA 2000® AND
NMEA 0183 NETWORKS
Connect to autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link™ audio
system, media, VHF, AIS and more from one screen.
Built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity
pairs with the free all-in-one mobile app for access to the all-in-one
mobile app for access to the OneChart™ feature,
smart notifications3 ,
software updates, Helm, Garmin
Quickdraw™ Community data
INTEGRATED BLUETOOTH® AND
Connect with some of your favorite devices, such as quatix® marine
watches, gWind™ Wireless
2 transducers, GNX™ Wind marine
instruments and wireless remote controls.
SMARTMODE STATION CONTROLS
Get quick, one-touch access to the information you need to ease high-stress
situations such as docking. You can incorporate networked sonar, radar,
cameras, media and more.
By networking select Garmin chartplotters with a Force® trolling
motor and your compatible Power-Pole shallow water anchoring system, you can
access advanced boat control features6 from
your plotter, including smart anchor auto-deployment, smart anchor jog, auto
stow, anchor drag detection and auto guidance7 end-of-route
anchoring. Spend more time fishing, less time positioning.
CHARGE INTEGRATION FROM POWER-POLE
Your CHARGE Marine Power Manager from Power-Pole integrates with compatible
Garmin chartplotters to help keep your battery power going longer and
stronger on the water. You’re able to charge batteries on the run, monitor
power use, select where power is allocated, control emergency starts and
even transfer power between battery banks — all from your chartplotter
SEND INREACH® DEVICE
Pair your inReach satellite communicator5 to
your chartplotter, and type custom messages using your MFD’s on-screen
keyboard. Access your contact list or enter an email, inReach address or
phone number. You can also group messages by conversation for a texting-like
10.3" x 3" (38.5 cm x 26.3 cm x 7.6 cm)
IPS display (anti-glare finish)
7.7" (34.5 cm x 19.5 cm)
|FHD; 1920 x
external over NMEA 2000
flush, bail with optional accessory (Garmin does not offer any hardware or
accessories for a flat-mount installation. Professional tools and knowledge
|10 Hz GPS/GLONASS/Galileo
Marine Network™ ports
Maps & Memory
cards (on back)
points; 50 saved tracks
Navionics+ coastal and inland water charts for the U.S. and Canada
Outdoor Recreation Features
SmartMode compatible (customizable monitor presets)
AIS (tracks target ships position)
DSC (displays position data from DSC-capable VHF radio)
FUSION-Link™ compatible radios
Box sonar support
Box sonar support
(Garmin Remote Input Device) compatible
Sonar Features &
Dual-frequency (50/200 kHz) sonar capable
external black box, sold separately)
(77/200 kHz) sonar capable
external black box, sold separately)
GCV™ black box, sold separately)
GCV™ black box, sold separately)
|1 - BNC
1 - HDMI (HDCP compliant)
What's In The Box?
- Power cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connector
- NMEA 2000 drop cable
- Flush mount kit
- Protective cover
- Trim piece snap covers
- GPSMAP 8600 series chartplotters are preloaded with Garmin Navionics+ offshore, coastal, and inland water charts for the U.S. and Canada