Manoeuvring around the dock area can be difficult, but Lewmar's TT Thrusters
make docking simple. The revolutionary design of the TT propeller, the latest in
Lewmar's long history of custom thruster solutions, achieves perfectly even
thrust in both direction for maximum control and manoeuvrability. All Lewmar
Thrusters have been extensively tested, resulting in a smooth, efficient and
quiet performance that will have you docking like a pro in no time.
Take Control. Enjoy your boating. Fit a Lewmar Thruster
As marinas get smaller and berths get tighter, safely docking a boat is more
challenging than ever. Thrusters give you total control of your boat and allow
you to manoeuvre into and out of tight spots with ease
Some good reasons why thrusters improve your boating
- Docking your boat is easy; it makes you look like a professional skipper.
- Boating is meant to be fun. Why end your day or week on the water with a
- A thruster offers the help you need to be in full control when docking and
departing regardless of wind conditions and currents.
- Short of crew? A thruster makes you less dependent on having a skilled
crew. The independence a thruster provides will allow you to use your boat
whenever you want, whether alone or with others.
- Every boat can benefit from having a thruster installed.
Choosing the right Lewmar thruster for your boat.
Today most yachts or motorboats over 45 feet have a bow thruster fitted as
standard. The thruster will usually meet the expectations of most customers when
using the boat under normal weather conditions. The sizes used by boat builders
will vary depending on the boat's intended usage and price level. In today's
production boat's of around 45-50, the typical thruster will push the boats bow
against a direct side wind of 20-22 knots.
For boat owners who use their boats in more demanding conditions or have a
strong current in their local marina, Lewmar can offer upgrades to a higher
performance thruster. However, few pleasure craft need a thruster that can push
the bow against a direct side wind of more than 25 knots.
The boat's wind area, the lateral wind draft area and the thruster's tunnel
position in the hull determine the thruster's performance on a boat. By knowing
these factors we can calculate the wind pressure on the boat and the centre
point of this wind pressure. However the wind pressure is seldom from right
angles and many boat superstructures are quite streamlined so we can reduce the
factor slightly. From these calculations we can determine what thrust is needed
to counter the wind pressure with the given thruster position.
To gain total control of your boat in combination with a bow thruster the
solution is to install a stern thruster, leaving the main engines to propel the
boat forward and backward as they were intended.
For highly controlled manoeuvring in restricted situations Lewmar's TT
ELECTRIC Thrusters represent a move forward in design and function. Easy
installation and maintenance free operation are benefits that will attract both
builders and owners. A comprehensive program of testing has proved that the new
Lewmar Thrusters deliver efficient, balanced and supremely quiet performance.
Lewmar now makes thrusters perfect for smaller boats up to 28ft.
- Plug ‘n’ Play connection to joystick - dual station control possible
- Powerful 1.5kW 12V motor - compact size and long runtimes
- Composite saddle reduces weight further and is corrosion free
- Composite hub - extremely lightweight and maintenance free
- No zinc anode - eliminates the need for annual haul-out
- Optimised 5-bladed composite propellor - high thrust and quiet operation
Complete Kit- 591102 - 110TT Kit includes
- 591101 - Thruster
- 589094 - Simple Joystick
- 589017 - 10m Cable
- 589006 - Fuse Holder
- 589012 - 200A ANL Fuse
- 0.75 meter Tunnel
Control system- 589094 Joystick
- Features On/Off illumination
- Easy installation connection
- Auto-Shut off not available
Electric TT Thruster 110