Experience the ‘automotive style’
comfort hydraulic steering can achieve with the new and innovative SeaStar Power
Designed for difficult and hard to steer boats.
Perfect addition for all O/B, I/O, I/B powered boats, equipped with standard
- Dramatically increases steering comfort
- Reduced wheel effort
- Easy installation
- Simple 'add-on' to existing SeaStar manual system (up to 2.0cu. in. helms)
- Number of turns lock to lock remains the same
- Compatible with SeaStar Power Purge system
- Compatible with autopilots
- Wiring harness included
- Ignition protected (SAE J-1171)
- 12V and 24V operation available
- ABYC, CE, NMMA, ISO 10592 Approved
- 150HP+ single outboards
- Heavy 4 stroke outboards
- Twin/Triple outboards
- Inboards where rudder torque makes wheel effort heavy or uncomfortable
HOW IT WORKS
SeaStar P/A (Power Assist) steering uses an electronically controlled
hydraulic pump to provide “Power” for your SeaStar Hydraulic Steering system.
The SeaStar P/A system is comprised of two circuits: a hand operated manual
system, which is the control element, and a
hydraulic power pump, which is the working element.
The manual system consists of a helm pump with internal relief and check
valves, as well as a built in reservoir. Two steering lines and a compensating
line which provide a routing for fluid to transmit through the system, and a
steering cylinder which moves the steering device on the boat from side to side.
The power system, is an electronically controlled hydraulic pump that boosts
the fluid being sent from the helm pump to the steering cylinder (this will
result in much easier effort at the wheel—even when under heavy loads). A
compensating line connects the P/A unit to the helm pump, allowing the P/A unit
to share fluid with the helm reservoir.
The SeaStar P/A is compatible with multiple steering stations, and with the
use of an autopilot. In the event of a P/A power loss or failure the hydraulic
system will automatically revert to a manual hydraulic system.