The AIT2000 uses the latest AIS Transponder technology to squeeze more
performance and interfacing options in to a housing that is half the size of our
previous generation transponder.
This ultra-compact Class B Transponder has three outputs; NMEA 0183, NMEA
2000 and USB connection, allowing it to work with every AIS compatible chart
plotter or software package on the market today. Featuring a remote silence
button option, two NMEA 0183 Inputs and Outputs, four status LEDs and rugged
vibration-proof mounting brackets, the AIT2000 is the third generation of
Digital Yacht AIS transponder and replaces the very popular AIT1000.
Configuration of your vessel's fixed data, such as MMSI, call sign, boat
name, dimensions etc. is made easy with the included Windows and Mac compatible
proAIS2 software. Once configured, the unit will provide AIS data to a PC or Mac
running suitable navigation software or a dedicated chart plotter, such as the
latest Garmin, Raymarine, Navico, Standard Horizon and Furuno units.
As well as transmitting your own vessel's position so that other AIS equipped
vessels know where you are, the AIT2000, when connected to an existing VHF
antenna (via a splitter) or dedicated AIS antenna, will receive all AIS targets
within range of your boat - typically up to 30NM.
With two industry standard NMEA 0183 outputs, our own N2Net connector for
plugging in to an NMEA 2000 network and a simple plug and play USB connection to
a PC, the AIT2000 is the perfect AIS transponder solution for all light marine
vessels up to 300 tons.
- Latest generation AIS technology - featuring a brand new AIS transponder
(Class B) design
- Ideal for use with existing plotter and radar systems
- Built-in high performance 50 channel GPS receiver (ideal also as a backup
- USB Interface for simple plug and play connection to a PC or Mac
- Includes N2Net interface and cable for connection to NMEA 2000 network
- High speed NMEA output (38,400 baud) - compatible with industry standard
- Comes complete with GPS antenna with integral 1"x14TPI thread monut
- Requires VHF antenna or dedicated AIS antenna (available as optional
accessory) or splitter (SPL250)
- Remote Silence Switch option
- Easy to install black box solution
NOTE - AIS target range, like VHF range is dependent upon a
number of installation factors such as; antenna gain, antenna height and size of
ground plane. Ranges in excess of 20 miles should be possible if all of these
factors are perfect.