Navigate safely and efficiently.
Like all sailors know, the most direct route isnít always the best one. The
new Routing Module now combines its revolutionary algorithm allowing you to
calculate the optimal sailing route based on weather forecasts, currents, polars
of your yacht and your own navigation style, with the powerful features of the
former Advanced Routing Module to make one product.
More performance in routing calculation
The new Routing module offers accuracy and flexibility for the most demanding
sailing conditions making the software routing calculation easier. It allows
advanced sailors to manually control and adjust the weather file parameters in
order to get more accurate results. It also introduces the variability notion,
helping the skipper to identify the particular moments in the navigation where
strategy choices are critical.
With our Routing Module, the safety of your crew is guaranteed. TIMEZERO
routing algorithms based on the isochronesí method is simple and automated for
your maximum comfort. The Routing Module is the culmination of 25 years of
software development in partnership with numerous sailing events around the
world. It has been used and tested by the best sailors, but also by thousands
Hereís the list of the new Routing Module features:
- Waves are used for routing computation along with wind and currents
- One click comparison between several routes and animations to evaluate
- Option to pass a waypoint, leaving it Port or Starboard during multi
waypoint routing computation
- Alternative Routing
- Routing variability calculation and display
- Weather File Adjustment
Its use is more intuitive and user-friendly for recreational boaters, while
offering multiple setting options for experienced sailors.
Routing variability calculation and display
After having created a routing you can display on chart the variability.
Variability's value allows identifying quickly important variation of wind
direction and strength which require from the skipper a supplementary
expertise of his forecasts, routing and sourcing files.
- The variability is equal to 100% if wind direction and strength are
- It will decrease to 80% if the routing shows important variations of the
wind direction and strength. It indicates as well the weather transition for
example a ridge with a gradient decreasing of pressure thus of wind.
Variability is symbolized in the Routing tree by a more or less strong display
density (as it is shown in the picture above beside).
- Areas colored in Black indicate weather transitions. A very dense black
corresponds to a variability < 70 % and it is thus necessary to cross it in
the shortest after an analysis more refined and recalculating a new routing
before changing criteria as well as modifying parameters and files sources.
- Light areas show the "Corridors" where weather conditions are more
stable depending to forecasts.
The ability to overlay both together variability and Sailset allows you to
clearly view each transition of different ways (as ridge) across the routing.
The Variability value is indicated in each line of the Routing center which
corresponds to a time period of the weather routing.
Weather File Adjustment
It is possible to adjust the wind forecast data values, in order, for example,
to take into account the hours or wind direction or wind speed, which has been
prevailing in the zone for several days.
- Increase or decrease the wind speed (%): move the cursor along the slide
bar to modify to increase or decrease the percentage.
- Increase or decrease the wind speed (value): enter directly a value.
- Change Weather File Time: enter a specific time HH:MM.
- Change Weather File in Latitude and Longitude.
- Change Weather File Direction.
- Increase or decrease in percentage Waves and/or Current values.
TIMEZERO advanced feature
TIMEZERO Software v3
TZ Navigator v3
TZ Professional v3