AIT1500 NMEA2000 Class B AIS
"An easy to install Class B AIS transponder with plug 'n play NMEA 2000
interface. Built in GPS antenna and ideal for use on smaller yachts and boats
like RIBs and center consoles."
The AIT1500N2K is a Class B AIS transponder with built in GPS antenna to make
installation as easy as possible. The super sensitive design allows below deck
mounting on GRP boats such as small yachts, RIBs and center consoles and cuts
down on antenna clutter. It connects to your boat's electronics via a plug 'n
play NMEA 2000 connection and power is also taken from the NMEA 2000 backbone.
Simply connect a VHF antenna (or use our SPL2000 AIS-VHF antenna splitter) and
you're equipped with Class B AIS.
Once installed, your AIS compatible plotter will show an overlay of targets
and you'll transmit your position every 30 seconds when underway to other AIS
users. There's also a USB interface for PC/MAC connectivity which can be used
for programming the transponder with your boat details.
The AIT1500N2K features a waterproof and tough enclosure with 4 LED
indicators to show the status of the transponder.
- Shares the same latest generation AIS technology as our AIT2000 and AIT3000
- Plug and Play NMEA2000 interface (takes power from network)
- Compatible with all AIS ready chart plotters
- Internal GPS antenna for easy installation on fibreglass (GRP) hulled boats
- Built-in high performance 50 channel GPS receiver (ideal also as a backup
- USB Interface for simple plug and play connection to a PC or Mac
- Requires VHF antenna or dedicated AIS antenna (available as optional
accessory) or splitter (SPL2000)
- Supplied with programming software for PC/Mac and SmarterTrack Lite for
- Easy to install black box solution
NOTE - AIS target range, like VHF range is dependent upon a number of
installation factors such as; antenna gain, antenna height and size of ground
plane. Ranges in excess of 20 miles should be possible if all of these factors