Charge Mate Pro 40 - Electronics Charge Relay
Current limited electronic charge relay with high efficiency and
reverse current protection
A secondary battery on board requires a dedicated charging solution. The
Charge Mate Pro makes it possible to distribute the charger or alternator
current effectively between two battery banks such as a starter and a service
battery. The Charge Mate Pro connects both batteries during charging and keeps
them isolated when discharging. This significantly reduces the risk of a flat
starter battery for example.
The Charge Mate Pro offers an additional advantage over mechanical charge
relays, by limiting the charge current to the second battery. The primary
battery, like a starter battery, is therefore charged with priority. The return
current is automatically blocked even when the secondary battery has a higher
voltage. An emergency start function is possible by connecting an optional
bypass switch to the Charge Master Pro.
A marine application example is the connection of a bow thruster battery to a
service battery. The Charge Mate Pro ensures that the service battery is always
charged with priority. The blocking of the return current from the bow thruster
battery guarantees that the bow battery remains charged while the current
limiting also prevents power dips of the onboard electrical network.
The Charge Mate Pro series consist of a 40 Amp and a 90 Amp version, both
suitable for charger or alternator applications.
Charge Mate Pro: for controlled charging from a single source.
- Leisure and professional marine and mobile applications. An effective
solution for high power demand on board and/or the need of prioritised or
current limited charging.
- Electronic charge coupling with very low voltage drop
- Makes effective dual charging possible
- Suitable for all battery types, including Lithium Ion
- Charge current secondary battery limited to 40 A
- High system reliability by prioritised charging of the main battery
- Unidirectional which blocks return current under all circumstances
- Prevents power dips of the onboard electrical network
- Suitable for all kinds of chargers and alternators
- Monitoring with LED status indication
- IP65 electronics in a corrosion resistant casing with aluminum heat sinks
- Fast and easy installation
- Remote switch functions: on, off, auto, start assist
- Monitoring: LED (warnings and status indication)
- Output current: limited to 40 A
- Number of battery outlets: 2
- Input voltage range: 9-32 V
- Parallel configuration: yes
- Battery voltage: automatic 12/24 V detection
- Dimensions, hxwxd: 157 x 140 x 80 mm / 6.2" x 5.5" x 3.1"
- Weight: 0.88 kg / 1.9 lb
- Approvals: CE
- Connection possibilities: 3 x fast-on connectors (switch, ground and status)
o switch: for an optional single pole ON-OFF-ON switch for remote operation o
status: for an optional LED indicator
- Power consumption: switch open: < 1 mA at 12/24 V DC
- Battery types: all types (Lithium Ion protection via Multi purpose contact,
product code 77030500)
- Switch on voltage: 13.5 V (12 V) / 27 V (24 V)
- Switch on delay: 5 sec.
- Switch off voltage: 12.75 V (12 V) / 25.5 V (24 V)
- Switch off delay: 2.5 sec.
- Relay: electronically (mosfets with low voltage drop of max 0.2 V)
- Temperature range (ambient temp.): -40 °C to 60 °C -40 to 140 °F
- Protection degree: IP65