SeaTalk1 to NMEA Interface
Digital Yacht's SeaTalk to NMEA (ISO) Converter is a small, but powerful
interface that provides bi-directional conversion between a SeaTalk network and
an NMEA 0183 network or device. Taking its power from the SeaTalk network, the
ST-NMEA Converter features a full, multi-transistor SeaTalk 1 interface, an opto-isolated
NMEA 0183 input and differential NMEA 0183 output that allows key navigational
data to be reliably shared between the SeaTalk and NMEA0183 networks.
For developers and advanced users that want to access the raw SeaTalk data,
the ST-NMEA converter can also be configured to work in a special “raw data"
mode ($STALK) which is gaining support in some Open Source projects.
The ST-NMEA (ISO) Converter is ideal for connection to one of Digital Yacht's
wireless NMEA servers, allowing SeaTalk owners to go wireless and aUSB Version
of the ST-NMEA Converteris also available for direct connection to a PC, Mac or
even a Raspberry Pie embedded Linux system.
- Converts SeaTalk1 to NMEA data
- Powerful bi-directional converter –also converts NMEA to SeaTalk for use
with 3rdparty transducers and sensors
- Powered from the SeaTalk network –easy red, black and yellow wire colour
- Features reliable multi-stage transistor SeaTalk interface
- Opto-isolated NMEA0183 input and differential NMEA0183 output
- Converts all of the key navigational data
- USB version (for PC & MAC) also available
- USB variant can also be configured to operate in “Raw Data” mode ($STALK)
NMEA Version - Typical Connections:
- Connects direct to SeaTalk1 cabling using familiar red, black and yellow
- Add the WLN10HS for wifiintegration to iPads and tablets
- Add the WLN20 (dual input NMEA to WiFi server) for AIS and SeaTalk to wifi