GPSMAP® 79sc Handheld GPS
Cast off confidently with the GPSMAP® 79sc marine GPS handheld. This rugged, floating handheld features a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color display that is fog-proof and scratch-resistant. You get access to a range of satellite constellations, so you get more reliable, accurate tracking around the world. Navigate wherever your adventures take you with built-in BlueChart® g3 coastal charts. With more memory than previous models, you can save and track 10,000 waypoints and 250 routes. Keep your bearings with the built-in compass.
- It’s water-resistant, it floats, and it’s fogproof, so it belongs on the water — just like you.
- This thing can remember up to 10,000 waypoints and more, so you don’t have to.
- It’s nice to have reliable positioning when you’re out on the water.
- The built-in compass will point you in the right direction.
- Get the best of Garmin and Navionics® data with optional BlueChart® g3 coastal charts.
- Stay out longer with up to 19 hours of battery life in GPS mode.
This handheld is water-resistant (IPX7) with a high-resolution color display you can read in the sun. The glass is even scratch-resistant and fogproof.
Designed To Float
If rough waters come and the handheld goes overboard, don’t worry. This device floats.
User-replaceable AA batteries (not included) provide up to 19 hours of battery life in GPS tracking mode.
With support for multiple satellite constellations — such as GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS — you’ll get accurate, reliable tracking and positioning around the world.
More memory than previous models means you can save and track 10,000 waypoints, 250 routes and 300 fitness activity files.
The 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass shows your heading — even while the boat is standing still.
Preloaded BlueChart g3 coastal charts (GPSMAP 79sc only) give you leading-edge coverage, clarity and detail with integrated Garmin and Navionics data.
In The Box
- GPSMAP 79sc
- USB cable